Sunday, July 20, 2008

My last Sunday. Yikes.

Today was the first of the lasts.

Lee and I attended Second Greek Evangelical Church for the last time this morning. While I will enjoy hearing a sermon in English and not through headphones, there is something about recognizing people and being recognized in a place of worship (especially in a foreign country) that I will miss. Churches are very important for things like that.

After church we hoped to check out the sales at The Mall (you can't blame us for wanting to take a look!). Only Greece closes the mall on Sundays, so we got some pizza and chilled for the rest of the afternoon.

Tonight was Persian Christian Fellowship. Keeping about 25 kids quiet in a room no bigger than my own bedroom would never be on my wish list, but I caught up with some kids I hadn't seen in a few weeks. One girl even had pictures from one of my very first tea houses on her phone. It seemed like forever ago, but that made the feeling of us going way back very real. I had the chance to learn some more Farsi words and phrases. I'm trying to soak up as much as I can in these last days. We went back and forth, them telling me colors in Farsi and Greek and me telling them the names in English and Spanish. It was quite fun. The girls got a real laugh at my attempt to say Would you like to color? in Farsi. Turns out the word for to color and to kill are very similar. Ah, the joy of children's laughter.

I didn't have much to share, but I thought I'd get in even my smallest of thoughts as I finish out my time here. Getting up early to go to Corinth tomorrow...we really don't have a direct route or know much, but wandering around Greece sounds like enough fun to me! :) Don't worry, Dad. I'll be careful. We're just taking the train... :)

No comments: